Today is a big day. Two big addresses to the nation:
Barack Obama vs. Steve Jobs
For a successful state of the union, Obama should just address Jobs. get it? jobs. Forget it.
So which will have a greater impact on my future? My money is on the leader of Electronics in the Free World. Sorry Mr. President of the USA. While i don't see my need for something like the iTablet or whatever the big announcement is, lets just say i didn't see my need for an iPhone. i'm sure Obama will promise jobs and a health care plan we can all agree on, but really everyone will still be wondering how the Apple announcement is going to change the future or just wishing Obama wouldn't be interrupting their regularly schedule programs.
In other news, check out this winner. This lady was charged with 3 DUIs in one week after 3 accidents. Amazing.
- After a small string of good movies seen at the theater (Blind Side, Avatar), "Legion" was just off the mark. It was actually pretty good up to a point, but then i felt they kind of gave up. It's hard to imagine the world can be saved by the child of a white trash girl who got knocked up and having a hero character with a southern accent just doesn't work.
- Megan's need for Dexter has caused us to increase our Netflix from one to three disc at a time. Weeds Season 5 to follow.
- If you are looking for a good instant Netflix movie, try "Milk."
- With Megan working the night/morning shift this week (approximately 2am to 10am), my wake-up times the past few days have ranged from 2am to 4am. Of course when you go to bed between 6 and 8 every night, it's not so bad.
- When someone comes to your door advertising a security system, how do you answer when they ask, "Do you have a security system?" It made me nervous and makes me want to get our security system a little quicker. They're clever.
- Millie had her foot re-splinted yesterday and so far, it is still on.