Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Something bothering you? Better kill it.

In response to this article.

My letter to Gaston County...

Murder is not the answer to things that annoy us. Here's a few quick examples illustrating the ignorance of handling nuisances with murder.

1. I was at the pool last week and these kids kept splashing me. It was really annoying, but rather than asking the kids to move to the other side of the pool or accepting the fact that I was at a pool and would probably get splashed, I simply held their heads under the water and took care of the problem.

2. That same day, I saw this dog pee and leave a big present in my yard like he does every day. I took him out back and gassed him to death.

3. I work in Gaston County and there are many customers that I would consider a nuisance to myself and other customers, maybe Cathy Hart can come help me with these nuisances?


I obviously handled these situations in an appropriate non-lethal manner. Please let Cathy Hart know that there are preventative and non-lethal ways to deal with annoying situations. What should you do when you have a 'problem' with geese? Here's a place to start. Or perhaps the organization that had already offered their assistance, Carolina Waterfowl Rescue could offer alternatives to murder.

Why would kids think it's wrong to beat geese with sticks and bricks when the government says it's okay to kill them? Just a few months ago, kids were charged with animal cruelty for hurting geese. The government should set a better example in how they treat non-human animals. Perhaps, these government individuals should be held accountable and charged with animal cruelty as well.

It's also my understanding that there needs to be an attempt to deter the geese before taking these ridiculous actions. The park doesn't even have a "no feeding" rule. Please take action to ensure those responsible are held accountable and that this atrocity never happens again.

Thanks,
Sam Phillips


Email addresses for the County Commissioners:
chad.brown@carolina.rr.com, 
KINGSPINNACLE@aol.com, 
afraley@carolina.rr.com, 
tomkcom@aol.com,
mprice@co.gaston.nc.us,
RJasonWilliams01@gmail.com, 
tracy@tracyphilbeck.com

No comments:

Post a Comment